When the retired Ephraim Vase/Bowl Collection was consigned to us for Sale, the Collection also contained as much ‘et cetera’ as the Ephraim.|
Here is the et cetera for a Cabinet of Curiosities!
13) FRAMED LEAF WITH BERRIES 6.5” TILE marked ’FRE1’. The frame is 12 ½” square.
16) FRAMED MOTAWI BLEEDING HEART 6” TILE. This tile was framed by Dard Hunter Studios and was purchased at a show where Karim Motawi was present and he autographed the tile! The frame is 11 ½” square
18) A large 6” x 12” GRAPE VINE TILE by PEWABIC. Dated 1994 and impressed with the Pewabic Detroit medallion.
21) A sizeable 13” L x 8 ¼” W x 5 ¾” H PINE CONE BOWL by LONESOMEVILLE POTTERY of Portland, OR. Lonesomeville is an artists’ studio specializing in decorative clay arts, textiles, garden design, interior design, and original works of art. Next door is a restored antique house VRBO with gardens both saved from demolition. Designed and constructed in every detail as an expression of the artists‘ skills.
22) A somewhat Art Deco design 16“ h x 6“ W x 3 ½“ D WALL POCKET by FOX POTTERY. Pen marked ‘FOX’.
23) An Art Deco style 15 ¾’” L x 7” W TRAY by FOW POTTERY. Bottom incised mark ‘FOX”
24) A 6“ FLOWER BUD VASE by DOOR POTTERY long since retired. Signed by Scott Draves.
26) WOW! A CONSANTI 10” (+ hanging hook) SINGLE BELL WIND CHIME. Consanti, the gallery and studio of Paolo Soleri is considered the epitome in the practice of the Arts & Crafts aesthetic!
27) A 4” x 6” bronze TWO BELL WIND CHIME. Manufacturer unknown. A somewhat complicated design that requires some study as to how to hang it to maximize sound.